Director of the Mid-West Regional Authority, Ireland
Director of the Mid-West Regional Authority since 1993. Over 25 years working with North Tipperary County Council with extensive experience of local authority activities at all levels, including Personnel/Trainee Officer & County Secretary. Secretary of the Irish Government appointed Shannon Airport Marketing Consultative Committee and Secretary of the National Water Services Training Group. Responsible for monitoring expenditure of structural and cohesion funds at a regional level.
Member of the National Monitoring Committee in Ireland. Responsible for the coordination of the provision of public services at regional level, to include the promotion of cooperation, joint action and cohesion between local authorities, public authorities and others. Responsible for reviewing regional development needs and the provision of public services in the region.
Regional Coordinator for the National Group Broadband Scheme 2004-2005. Member of the INTERREG IIIB Atlantic Area Selection Committee.
Project Manager for the Mid-West Regional Authority for a number of past and current European Initiatives:
- ASPECT – INTERREG IIC
- EMPLOY – 4th Framework Programme
- PRELUDE & The PRELUDE Challenge – 5th Framework Programme
- CitizenFirst – INTERREG IIIB North West Europe
- RuralTech – INTERREG IIIB Atlantic Area
- Atlantic Spatial Development Perspective – INTERREG IIIB Atlantic Area
- DQE (Design Quality Environment) – INTERREG IIIC
- Water Sports in the Atlantic Area – INTERREG IIIB Atlantic Area